Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Snow Day = Pajama Work Day

When I woke up to snow this morning (the last day of Winter), and discovered all area schools were cancelled as well as my metalsmithing class, I decided to declare a Pajama Work Day for myself.  It's one of the perks of being your own boss.  It's also something I learned about from my youngest grandgirl, who loved it when she had pajama day at preschool a couple of weeks ago.

I spent time researching and working on a few designs for my new line of Newborn Photography Photo Props.  Needless to say, I was in creative heaven.  And when you can't find a pattern on line, you make your own, don't you? Well, that's what works for me, so I assume I'm not alone.

Here are a few of the things I worked on today...

 Butterfly Barefoot Sandals which I cannot wait to see on some sweet baby's feet!
 Flower Barefoot Sandals with ribbon ties are made with Vintage Antique Mohair yarn.
The Denim Mist Newborn Boy Visor Cap is so cute, but it really needs a wooden button on the side...which I will add once it stops snowing and I can get to the store without risk of running off the road.

Besides creating these pieces, I've also been working on a photo prop baby hammock/basket liner.  As soon as it's done, I will post a picture.  June Lamson Photography will be photographing some of my props - I just can't wait for some professional pictures, since a photographer I am NOT!  By the way, go ahead and "Like" her Facebook page - June Lamson Photography - you'll love seeing her work even if you don't live in Florida.

More later...I promise!
Carole  




No comments:

Post a Comment