Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Sneak Peak at Another Collection

When I was deciding on a name for my jewelry business and trying to create my logo, I was advised by a then student at Watson College of Art in Nashville, (my favorite Guy) to keep the name non-specific to jewelry so I would have room to add different "collections" to my business.  At the time, I waffled on that idea because I couldn't think of anything else I would want to do.  But, I listened, and now I am very grateful that I did so.

It was my sister, June, who inspired me to try my hand at jewelry......and it sure came in handy when, two years ago, I stopped getting into my car at 7:30 every morning to begin my day as a Manager of Direct Marketing.  I'll stop here to admit that I have not yet declared official retirement......in my own mind, I'm not old enough!

Recently, I was sitting listening to Beth Moore present a weekly Bible study from the Book of James.  She said something that hit me......hard.  Since my memory can no longer recall verbatim, the gist of her message was...sometimes our closets indicate we might be "hoarders."  I tried to dismiss the conviction, until the very next day when I went to one of my many, very full closets to find some fabric with texture for a metalsmithing project.  There I spotted four baby afghans that I had made but never gave away.  Now I'll stop again to say...I did not make these afghans for myself!  When I made them, there were a lot of young ladies in my life having babies!

The day after I had discovered the baby afghans in the much too full closet, I was working through that day's study.  My sister was heavy on my heart, so I decided I should call her.  While talking, I asked about her new venture......a photography business.  And let me just say, she's got a great eye for this type of thing!  She's creative and I love her work!  The thought came to me that maybe she could use the blankets for newborn photo shoots.  I sent her some pictures...she welcomed the idea...and then began the brainstorming for another collection - Newborn Photography Props!  (Knitted and crocheted blankets, cocoons with caps, hats with flowers, headbands, tutus of every color with a matching tutu bear, word bracelets for wrists or ankles......Oh my, it's endless.)

So......in the very near future, I will be introducing Newborn Photography Prop Sets and will add them to my Etsy page.  June Lamson Photography is my very first customer.  Two boxes were shipped to Port St Lucie, Florida on Friday and should arrive by the end of this week.  I just can't wait to see her beautiful work coupled with my work...it all seems like a match made in Heaven!

Let me just share one of her newborn photos with you so you can see what I'm talking about......(and this one makes me smile!)


And here is a picture of one of those four original baby afghans in the box soon to be photographed by June Lamson Photography...

There's so much more that I have yet to photograph......"a woman's work is never done!"  So, if you are a photographer, or you know someone who is......please contact me for some very original newborn photography props!

Carole


No comments:

Post a Comment